One day workshops for those new to sketching. Different theme each month.
Why choose a ‘Taste of Sketching’ workshop?
- Great for those who haven’t sketched with us before and are interested in discovering Travel Sketching through a favourite subject
- An excellent way for interstate/overseas visitors to get those first vital skills in Travel Sketching.
- A fun day out and learn to see the world around you as you never have before.
The Erin Hill difference
We started out in Manly 7yrs ago and have perfected an approach to sketching that keeps it simple, fast and free. We’re not your typical art school, we focus on easy to learn techniques, fast impressions and finding your personal style. It’s about letting go and enjoying the image you capture.
Workshop dates and themes for 2018
Times: 10am – 3pm
Sunday January 7 – The Art of Seeing
Sunday January 28 – Sand and Sea – with Erin
Sunday February 18 -Sketching and Colour – with Erin
Sunday March 18 – Simple Sketches, Simple Colour – with Erin
Sunday April 22 – Fast and Loose People Sketching – with Erin
Sunday May 20 – Sketching Simple architecture – with Tammy – 1 spot left
Sunday June 24 – Sketching Boats and Water – with Tammy – 5 spots left
Sunday July 15 – Sketching at the beach – Booking Now
Sunday August 19 – Sketching Water & Reflections – Booking Now
Sunday September 23 – Flowers and Nature Sketching – Booking Now
Sunday October 21 – Sketching Impressions for your Travel Journal – Booking Now
Sunday November 18 – Sketching Food and People – Booking Now
Sunday December 16 – Sketching Markets and crowds – Booking Now
What to expect on the day
- Your tutor greets you at 10am at ErinHill Studio, 97 Sydney Road
- Your loaned Erin Hill sketch kit is waiting for you – containing sketch pens, aquarelle watercolour pencils and watercolour paints and brushes
- Meet fellow workshoppers, a small group of maximum 8
- Tea or coffee over a bit of an overview by your tutor
- Start with ‘How to See’ sketch
- Go ‘plein air’ and start sketching on location around Manly
- Stop for lunch at a local cafe about 1.30pm – complete our colour from location sketches and begin a new food sketch
What to bring
- Bring your own A5 ring bound sketch book, 110gsm paper or purchase with booking
- Rain gear if weather looks iffy
- Portable folding stool ( optional)
- Money for lunch or coffee
- Smiles and willingness to try something new!
Cost & how to book
Workshops are $150 per person
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org to check availability
- Download & complete a workshop booking form
- Pay by either bank transfer, cash or cheque
Direct deposit details:
Erin Hill Studio
NAB BSB: 082-299